Self Reflection Techniques in Resume Writing
Ask yourself these things before you being writing your resume to make it stand out!
Self-Reflection Before Resume Writing
- What do I want in a job?
- How would I describe my ideal job?
- What has my career progression (or lack of) been like?
- What have I learned from my experiences?
- Who am I at work and where/how do I best succeed?
- What are my marketable skill sets?
- Why are these skills marketable?
- To which companies would I be an asset and why?
- What do I need to sidestep?
Ready for the most important question? Here it is:
What benefits do I offer employers over other QUALIFIED candidates?
Please, before you rush into resume technique, layout, and race to the finish line of a completed resume―invest time in prepping for your resume and research process. Reflect on who you are, what you desire, and where you would like to navigate with this new resume.
Employers will connect with the person behind the resume, if you can show them there is one! Boring, mundane, and hastily written resumes sound generic―but you are distinct! Become strategic in your job search. The result will be a targeted, well crafted, and amazing resume that attracts interview calls in a tough job market―and brings a smile to your face in the process (just an extra little benefit).